New pharmacy levitra australia online viagradirect.net with a lot of generic and brand medications with mean price and fast delivery.
Microsoft word - ld-1712r. lidoderm important information for patients.final.3_24_10.docx
IMPORTANT PATIENT INFORMATION
(Lidocaine Patch 5%)
The information below does not take the place of talking with your healthcare professional.
Only your healthcare professional knows the specifics of your condition and how
LIDODERM® may fit into your overall therapy. Talk to your healthcare professional if you
have any questions about LIDODERM®.
LIDODERM (lidocaine patch 5%) is a prescription medicine in a patch form that contains 5%
lidocaine. The lidocaine in the patch is slowly released when the patch is applied to the skin.
LIDODERM® is approved to treat after-shingles pain, also known as postherpetic neuralgia, or
PHN. LIDODERM should be applied only to intact skin
with no blisters.
WHO SHOULD NOT USE LIDODERM?
LIDODERM should not be used by anyone who is allergic to local anesthetics of the amide type
(e.g., lidocaine), or to any other component of the product.
HOW SHOULD LIDODERM BE USED?
LIDODERM should be used to cover the most painful area of intact skin
• Cut the envelope along the dotted line. The patches can be cut into smaller shapes to custom
• Remove the clear plastic backing from the patch, then apply immediately to your area of pain • You can use up to 3 patches for 12 hours a day, followed by 12 hours off, as directed by your
• Keep all patches in their envelopes until you’re ready to use them • Avoid eye contact with LIDODERM • Wash your hands after touching LIDODERM
NOTE: If irritation or burning is felt while putting on the patch, remove the patch (or
patches) and do not re-use until the irritation or burning goes away.
• After you have used a LIDODERM patch, fold the patch so that the adhesive side sticks to
itself. Discard used patches and pieces of cut patches where children and pets cannot get to
them. LIDODERM should be kept out of the reach of children.
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION I SHOULD KNOW
• Even a used
LIDODERM patch contains a large amount of lidocaine. A small child or a pet
could suffer serious adverse effects from chewing or swallowing a new or used LIDODERM
patch. Store and dispose of patches out of the reach of children, pets, and others.
• LIDODERM patches should be worn for no more than 12 hours a day. Applying the patches
for a longer time or using more than 3 patches could cause serious reactions
• Allergic reactions, though rare, can occur
• LIDODERM should be applied only to intact skin
with no blisters.
• Avoid contact of LIDODERM with the eye. If contact occurs, immediately wash the eye with
water or saline and protect it until sensation returns
• Avoid the use of external heat sources, such as heating pads or electric blankets, as this has
• Be sure to tell your healthcare professional if you:
o Are taking medicine for an irregular heartbeat
For such people, LIDODERM should be used with caution.
• LIDODERM has not been studied in women who are pregnant or are nursing. However, the
medicine in LIDODERM is found in human milk. Therefore, women who are pregnant or
nursing should speak to their healthcare professional about whether LIDODERM is right for
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF LIDODERM?
The most common side effects of LIDODERM are at the skin site. During or right after applying
LIDODERM to your skin, you may experience the following:
o Your skin may change in color or develop colored spots
o Rash, bruising, swelling, pimple-like raised skin,
These side effects are generally mild and usually go away within a few minutes to a few
• Other reactions may include dizziness, headache, and nausea
• Tell your healthcare professional if you experience any of these symptoms while using
DOES LIDODERM INTERFERE WITH ANY OTHER MEDICINES?
LIDODERM has a low risk of interfering with other drugs, but you should be aware of the
• Talk to your healthcare professional if you are taking Class I heart drugs such as tocainide or
mexiletine, because they can have an adverse effect when used with LIDODERM
• Tell your healthcare professional if you are using other topical pain medicines. When
LIDODERM is used with other topical pain medicines, the total amount of drug absorbed
into your skin from all the medicines together needs to be reviewed
For more information about LIDODERM, visit www.lidoderm.com.
Supplements for Healthy/Athletic Living This is the week 4 handout for “Performing Your Best Naturally” with Luanne Pennesi, RN, Gary Null PhD, and SoCalRunning.com. You can get the rest of this program by visiting. Vitamin Combinations: Multivitamins Gary Null’s : Supreme Health formula Life Extension Foundation Mix tablets, capsules and powder Vitamin Shoppe brand men’s and wom
PRE-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR SURGERY Drug Sheet: Please notify your doctor if you are taking ANY of the drugs listed below. You should discontinue these drugs and ALL VITAMINS THREE TO FOUR WEEKS prior to your surgery and before any laboratory tests are done. However, if your doctor has ordered the medication, consult him/her before discontinuing. This list is co