Microsoft word - praveen cv feb2013
70/38, Vaisiyar Street, Mangalampet - 606104, Cuddalore District, Tamilnadu, India.
Contact : +91 98420 73165, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Seasoned and dynamic Professional with demonstrated capability to exercise initiative, accept
challenges and apply creativity to overcome obstacles.
A qualified M.Tech with in-depth knowledge of Industrial Biotechnology and Chemical
Engineering gained through professional experience, research & projects.
An erudite academician with high caliber and extensive experience of developing results driven
curriculum and delivering enthusiastic instruction to students.
Strong leadership traits with excellent ability to coordinate with different people at one time
under difficult situations and the ability to bring out the best in others while creating a healthy
and friendly work environment, thus enhancing operational efficiency and optimizing resource
Arunai Engineering College, Tiruvannamalai, Tamilnadu
List of research projects supervised for final year student:
Development of low cost grey water treatment for household purpose.
Small Scale solid waste management facility for communal applications.
Extraction of pharmaceutical products from plants.
Production and characterization of enzyme from waste materials.
Handling and coordinating Effluent treatment plant in the college:
This work involves guiding the students in ETP management.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Madhuranthakam, Tamilnadu
AWARDS, PATENTS, PUBLICATIONS, WORKSHOP AND TRAINING
“Young Investigator Award” for excellence in research and teaching in a rural
Won “Best Faculty award” for consecutive four academic years (2006–07, 2007-08,
1. Provisional registration for work on “Production of Paper from Algae” has been done.
2. Provisional Registration for work on “Evaluation of Hepatoprotective & Antioxidant
activities of Monochoria vaginalis” has been done (Ref: C.B.R,No : 7566)
International Travel Support from Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and
Technology, Govt. of India to attend “The 2012 Asian Biohydrogen and Bioproducts
Symposium (ABBS)” conducted by Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, Chongqing
University, on November 9-12, 2012 in Chongqing, China.
Served as International Scientific Advisory Committee member in “The 2012 Asian
Biohydrogen and Bioproducts Symposium (ABBS)” conducted by Institute of Engineering
Thermophysics, Chongqing University, on November 9-12, 2012 in Chongqing, China.
Invited lecture on “Antioxidant properties of Indian traditional medicinal plants” in
10th Indo-Italian Workshop on Chemistry and Biology of Antioxidants conducted by
School of Pharmacy, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology “Vittorio Erspamer”,
Rome, Italy on 10-12, November, 2011. (Declined due to other appointments)
1. “Bioethanol production from cassava sago waste” in The 2012 Asian Biohydrogen and
Bioproducts Symposium (ABBS) conducted by Institute of Engineering Thermophysics,
Chongqing University, on November 9-12, 2012 in Chongqing, China.
2. “Kinetics of Interesterfication on Waste Cooking Oil (Sunflower Oil) for The
Production of Fatty Acid Alkyl Esterase Using WCB and PE from Rhizopus oryzae” in
The 2012 Asian Biohydrogen and Bioproducts Symposium (ABBS) conducted by Institute
of Engineering Thermophysics, Chongqing University, on November 9-12, 2012 in
3. “Fermentative production of glyceric acid from biodiesel industry byproduct
glycerol” in Ninth International conference on Recent Advances in Fermentation
Technology (RAFT IX) conducted by Society of Industrial Microbiology on 6-9,
November, 2011) in Marco Island, Florida, USA.
4. “Production and kinetics of bioethanol from sawdust hydrolysate using Mutant
strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae” in Ninth International conference on Recent
Advances in Fermentation Technology (RAFT IX) conducted by Society of Industrial
Microbiology on 6-9, November, 2011) in Marco Island, Florida, USA.
5. “Treatment of grey water using hydrocarbon producing green algae Botryococcus
braunii” in 2nd International Conference on Solid Waste Management in Developing
Countries – WasteSafe 2011, Khulna, Bangladesh on 13-15 February 2011
6. “Integrated Bioenergy farming system using communal waste water” in Third
International symposium on Energy from Biomass and Waste – VENICE 2010, conducted
by International Waste Working Group, Venice, Italy, on 8-11, November, 2010.
7. “Calotropis Procera – As a new source for petrochemical substitute” in Fuels for
Future, conducted by Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar on 7&8, March, 2007.
8. “Mixed Microorganism Based Biosensor for Estimation of BOD” in PRODIGY 2005, a
paper-presenting seminar conducted by Mumbai University Institute of Chemical
Technology, Mumbai, on 24&25, January, 2005.
9. “Bio - Degradation of Phenol” in RIPPLES 2004, a national symposium and paper-
presenting seminar of Chemical Engineering students conducted by Andhra University,
Visakhapatanam, on 24&25, November, 2004.
10. “Bio Synthesis of Degradable Polymer” in FUSION 2004, a paper-presenting seminar
conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technology University, Anantpur, on 26th August, 2004.
1. Bharathiraja Balasubramaniam, Ayyappasamy Sudalaiyadum Perumal, Jayamuthunagai
Jayaraman, Jayakumar Mani, Praveenkumar Ramanujam. Comparative analysis for the
production of fatty acid alkyl esterase using whole cell biocatalyst and purified enzyme
from Rhizopus oryzaeon waste cooking oil (sunflower oil), Waste Management 32 (2012)
2. S.Palani, S. Raja, R.Praveen Kumar, Soumya Jayakumar, B. Senthil Kumar. Therapeutic
nephrotoxicity and oxidative stress in male albino rats. Int.J. PharmTech
3. Subramani Palani, Soundararajan Raja, Ramanujam Praveen Kumar, Dharmalingam
Venkatesan, Kannan Devi, Arumugam Sivaraj, Balasubramani Senthil Kumar, Therapeutic
efficacy of antihepatotoxic and antioxidant activities of Acorus calamus (AC) on
acetaminophen- induced toxicity in rat. Accepted for publication. International Journal
of Integrative Biology. 2009, Vol.7, No.1, 39
4. S. Palani1, S. Raja, R. Praveenkumar, R. Selvaraj, K. Sakthivel, K. Devi, B. Senthil Kumar
Therapeutic efficacy of Chloroxylon swietenia (Apiaceae) on acetaminophen induced
nephrotoxicity and oxidative stress in male albino rats . Online Jour of Biotech Resech
5. S. Palani, S. Raja, D. Rajalingam, R. Praveen kumar, B. Senthil kumar. Evaluation of
hepatoprotective and antioxidant activity of Pimpinella tirupatiensis (Apiaceae) on
acetaminophen induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Pharmacology online 2: 708-719 (2009)
6. S. Palani, R.P. Kumar, B.S. Kumar. Effect of the ethanolic extract of Indigofera barberi
(L.) in acute acetaminophen induced nephrotoxic rats. New Biotechnology, Volume 25S
September 2009. doi:10.1016/j.nbt.2009.06.989.
7. S. Palani, S. Raja, R.Praveen Kumar,B. Senthil kumar. Phytoconstituents evaluation and
antihyperglycemic & antihyperlipidemic effects of Mahonia leschenaultia takeda in
streptozotocin (STZ) induced diabetic albino rats). Toxicological & Environmental
Chemistry Vol. 92, P.No. 1199-1211, 2010, Taylor & Francis.
8. S. Palani, S. Raja, R. Praveen Kumar, P. Parameswaran, B. Senthil kumar. Therapeutic
efficacy of Acorus calamus on acetaminophen induced nephrotoxicity and oxidative stress
in male albino rats. Acta pharmaceutica Sciencia (Acta Pharma. Sci.). Vol. 52, P.No:89-
9. S. Palani, S. Raja, R.Praveen Kumar, Soumya Jayakumar, B. Senthil Senthil Kumar.
Evaluation of phytoconstituents and anti-nephrotoxic & antioxidant activities of
Monochoria vaginalis, Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical sciences, Vol.24, P.No:293-301,
1. Praveen Kumar Ramanujam, Subramani Palani, Saritha N .2008 Production of pectin
lyase by solid state fermentation of Sugarcane bagasse using Aspergillus niger. Advanced
1. Attended in “Techniques on Molecular biology and Microbial Biotechnology” on 5&6
Nov 2008, conducted by Kamban College of Arts and Science for Women in collaboration
2. National workshop on “Alternative Fuels – Challenges Ahead” from 3-5 November, 2008,
conducted by St. Peter’s Engineering College, sponsored by Defense Research and
Development Organization, Government of India.
3. Completed training course on “Bioprocess Engineering” conducted by Alagappa college
of Technology, Chennai from 4th Dec 2006 to 16th Dec 2006.
4. Participated in five day short term course on “Instructional Design and Delivery”
conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR)
5. One day workshop cum Training on “Bioprocessing and Downstream Processing”
conducted by PALL Life sciences at Kumaraguru college of Technology, Coimbatore on
1. Participated in “2nd Algal Biodiesel Summit” conducted by Growdiesel Climate care
council, in Delhi, held on 6-8, September, 2009.
2. Participated in one day seminar on “Cell biology for drug delivery and design” on 10th
Jan 2009, conducted by department of Biotechnology, Arunai engineering College,
3. Participated in “Nanobiotechnology : Prospectives and Future in the Indian Scenario”
a national level technical seminar conducted by Adhiyamaan College of Engineering,
Hosur, Tamilnadu, India on 22 and 23 of February 2007.
4. Participated in “National Seminar on Protein Engineering (NSPE 2005)” conducted by
Department of Chemical Engineering, Annamalai University, Annamalai nagar, Tamilnadu,
5. Participated in “UGC Refresher course on Biotechnology” conducted by Department of
Chemical Engineering, Annamalai University from 03.11.2004 to 27.11.2004.
6. Participated as a delegate in the interactive seminar on “Formaldehyde raw material
sources and derivative products” in Chennai, held on 24th Sep 2004, conducted by
7. Participated in “Chemvision 2004” on Feb 23rd & 24th 2004, a National level interactive
conference on “Biopharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Herbal and Agrochemicals”, at
Chennai conducted by Chemical Industries Association.
1. Organizing Chairman for International conference on “Bioenergy, Environment and
Sustainable Technologies – BEST 2013” during January 27-30, 2013, sponsored by
Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
2. Convener for HAPTEN – National Level technical symposium for students. Organized the
event every year starting from 2008 to 2012
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
M.Tech Industrial Biotechnology in 2005 securing 7.72 OGPA
Annamalai University, Chidambaram, India.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) Chemical Engineering in 2002 securing 57% marks
Annamalai University, Chidambaram, India.
12th Standard (Higher Secondary) in 1997 securing 63.83%
St. Joseph Higher Secondary School, Cuddalore, India.
10th Standard (SSLC) in 1995 securing 70.4%
St. Joseph Higher Secondary School, Cuddalore, India.
1. Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) – Life Member
2. Biotech Research Society of India (BRSI) – Life Member
3. Indian Institute of Chemical Engineering (IICHE) – Life Member
PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN AS A PART OF CURRICULUM
Production of Pectin Lyase from Agro industrial residues by Aspergillus Niger: - Project
was aimed to screen the suitable agro industrial wastes for the maximum production of
Working knowledge of Microsoft office and internet.
Basic knowledge in Microsoft windows (2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7)
I, PRAVEEN KUMAR. R hereby declare all the above details are true to the best of my
LA GRIPE A (H1N1) INTRODUCCIÓN Nuevas Generaciones Del Partido Popular de Blanca fieles a nuestro compromiso social y responsabilidad con los habitantes de nuestro pueblo hemos elaborado esta guía con la finalidad de informar sobre la Gripe A (H1N1) y dar a conocer las medidas de prevención y las actuaciones que se deben poner en marcha ante un posible enfermo de la nueva gripe A (H1
OUTPATIENT PRESCRIPTION DRUG BENEFIT Combined Pharmacy and Medical Annual Maximum see Benefit Grid BENEFIT COPAYMENTS- Please note that Quantity Limits or Prior Authorization may apply.Refer to your prescription drug formulary guide for additional information. If the cost of the prescription is less than the applicable copay, you will only be charged the cost of the prescription. RETAIL PHAR